1/2" Aluminum screw posts have many uses. Designed for binding documents, they are also commonly used for connecting leather parts in cases, straps, holsters, tack, and more. Our 1/2" screw posts will securely fasten 4 or 5 thicknesses of 8-10 ounce leather. For maximum strength, the post should be long enough to go all the way through all of the pieces when they are assembled. Making the hole a snug fit for the parts will also increase the strength of the connection.
Aluminum screw posts can be used for other projects. They can assemble just about any material that you can drill or punch a 1/4" diameter hole through, including plastics, cardboard or card stock, metal, wood, foamcore, and much more. Just push the post through the hole, thread the screw into the post and finger tighten. Your materials are now securely fastened!
If necessary, aluminum screw post extensions can be added to the standard aluminum screw posts to achieve a better fit.
We sell screws and posts together so that you you don't have to worry about matching the correct parts.
- The post length is 1/2" and the diameter is 3/16". The post length is the maximum binding thickness (inside length.) We recommend that you measure your document to obtain the best fit. We also recommend that you punch or drill a 1/4" hole in your documents to accept these posts.
- Posts are 3/16" diameter. The overall length of a post with the screw installed is approximately 3/4".
- Post and screw heads are 7/16" diameter and 1/16" thick. The screw thread is #8-32.
- 3/8" long screws are furnished with all posts.
- Quantity per package is 20 sets aluminum screw posts. We can supply larger quantities on request.
- These posts are the industry standard size. They are compatible with all standard posts, including those sold under the Charles Leonard brand.
- These screw posts can be extended using our 1/2", 3/4", and 1" screw post extensions. 1/4" screw post extensions may also be used with the addition of 3/16" screws (the 3/8" screws furnished with these screw posts are too long to work properly with 1/4" screw post extensions.)
If you would like to have a different appearance, try our plastic screw posts. If you need greater strength to hold large or heavy materials, please consider our steel screw posts.