2" aluminum screw posts are great for binding large books. These sturdy aluminum posts are available in a wide variety of sizes and can be extended almost indefinitely.
If you want extra security for your large books, a drop of LOK-TITE will keep the screws from loosening under heavy use. If you need a permanent binding, a drop of super glue will make the assembly permanent. Be very certain that you want to do this before you assemble your book, since it will be impossible to unscrew the posts once the glue sets.
We sell screws and posts together so that you you don't have to worry about matching the correct parts.
- These posts are the industry standard size. They are compatible with all standard posts, including those sold under the Charles Leonard brand.
- The post length is 2" and the diameter is 3/16". The post length is the maximum binding thickness (inside length.) We recommend that you measure the total thickness of the materials that you are binding to obtain the best fit. We also recommend that you punch or drill a 1/4" hole in your documents to accept these posts.
- Posts are 3/16" diameter. The overall length of a post with the screw installed is approximately 2-1/8".
- Post and screw heads are 7/16" diameter and 1/16" thick. The screw thread is #8-32.
- 3/8" long screws are furnished with all posts.
- Quantity per package is 100 for all aluminum screw posts. We can supply larger quantities on request. Please call for a quote on orders of 25 or more packages.
- These screw posts can be extended using our 1/2", 3/4", and 1" screw post extensions. 1/4" screw post extensions may also be used with the addition of 3/16" screws (the 3/8" screws furnished with theses screw posts are too long to work properly with 1/4" screw post extensions.
If you would like to have a different appearance, try our plastic screw posts. If you need greater strength to hold large or heavy materials, please consider our steel screw posts.