1-1/4" screw posts are designed for binding sheets of paper together into books. They are also used for color samples and swatches of a variety of materials. They can easily be opened to insert pages or remove samples, and you don't even need to use any tools. Finger pressure is enough to unscrew them, but if the screw is extra tight a screwdriver or a small coin in the slot will loosen them.
Of course there are also many arts and crafts uses of these handy binding posts. You can use them to connect just about anything that you can punch or drill a 1/4" diameter hole through. Just push the post through the hole, thread the screw into the post and finger tighten. Your materials are now securely fastened! If your project isn't just exactly right, you can open the posts, make changes, and reclose them as many times as you need to.
We sell screws and posts together so that you you don't have to worry about matching the correct parts.
- These posts are the industry standard size. They are compatible with all standard posts, including those sold under the Charles Leonard brand.
- The post length is 1-1/4" and the diameter is 3/16". The post length is the maximum binding thickness (inside length.) We recommend that you measure the total thickness of the materials that you are binding to obtain the best fit. We also recommend that you punch or drill a 1/4" hole in your documents to accept these posts.
- Posts are 3/16" diameter. The overall length of a post with the screw installed is approximately 1-3/8".
- Post and screw heads are 7/16" diameter and 1/16" thick. The screw thread is #8-32.
- 3/8" long screws are furnished with all posts.
- Quantity per package is 100 for all aluminum screw posts. We can supply larger quantities on request. Please call for a quote on orders of 25 or more packages.
- These screw posts can be extended using our 1/2", 3/4", and 1" screw post extensions. 1/4" screw post extensions may also be used with the addition of 3/16" screws (the 3/8" screws furnished with these screw posts are too long to work properly with 1/4" screw post extensions.)
If you would like to have a different appearance, try our plastic screw posts. If you need greater strength to hold large or heavy materials, please consider our steel screw posts.