1/4" Aluminum screw posts were designed for binding small documents, but they have many other uses. A popular use for these handy binding posts is for connecting leather parts in cases, straps, holsters, tack, and more. Our 1/4" Chicago Screws will securely fasten 2 or 3 thicknesses of 8-10 ounce leather. Just make sure that the post is long enough to go all the way through all of the pieces.
Of course aluminum screw posts can be used for many other crafts projects. They can be used to assemble any material that you can drill or punch a hole through, including plastics, cardboard or card stock, metal, wood, and foamcore. Just push the post through the hole, thread the screw into the post and finger tighten. Your materials are now securely fastened!
These aluminum screw posts are threaded all the way through the post for greater strength. We sell screws and posts together so that you you don't have to worry about matching lengths.
- The post length is 1/4" and the diameter is 3/16". The post length is the maximum binding thickness (inside length.) We recommend that you measure your document to obtain the best fit. We also recommend that you punch or drill a 1/4" hole in your documents to accept these posts.
- Posts are 3/16" diameter. The overall length of a post with the screw installed is approximately 3/8".
- Post and screw heads are 7/16" diameter and 1/16" thick. The screw thread is #8-32.
- 1/4" long screws are furnished with all posts.
- Quantity per package is 20 sets aluminum screw posts. We can supply larger quantities on request.
- These screw posts can be extended using our 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", and 1" screw post extensions.
If you would like to have a different appearance, try our plastic screw posts. If you need greater strength to hold large or heavy materials, please consider our steel screw posts.